Wednesday, March 03, 2004

the peculiar morning

today is a wonderful day. the sky is bright and clear, and i can feel the gentle breeze against my face. i can hear the birds chirping and the flowers blooming. i see familiar faces all around, all smiling, all happy. i see small children with their mothers on their way to school. i see elders taking their scheduled walk in the garden. i see students off to college. how is it i did not notice any of this before?

life is undergoing a change, i feel. i am becoming sensitive to my surroundings then before. anything that happens around me catches my attention quickly. i find myself thinking about every small change that takes place near me. and the thought process does not leave me soon. it keeps revolving in my head. oh what is this? how did i start feeling this way? what caused this?

i find myself swaying in the wind. i feel thoughts shooting into my head. i see visions of the future or maybe the past. i see myself, happy and content, smiling and satisfied. i see my family, my loved ones around me. i see my parents, proud of me. i see my friends beaming on me. what is all this? is this the truth? am i dreaming? is this really possible? i dont know the answer to all these questions. all i know is, everything happens in its time.

history repeats itself, but not time. once gone, time never returns. its something thats designed for the moment. all we can have is memories. and that is the most valuable treasure that one can have. i have already started buiding up my treasure. everyday of my life is adding to my pile of treasures, the priceless collection that i will always have with me. i have no fear of losing it anyday, no matter what may come.

in hope i lay my dreams. cemented with confidence and trust, they are taking shape. that day is not far when i reach my goal. and that day, i can look up to God and tell him, "not a leaf moves without your permission, not a wind blows without your approval, all i am today is because of you, Thank you for all that you have given me. i will always remain indebted to you."